Samuel Grew Up

Samuel Grew Up

Hook
Growth is not measured by age, titles, or years lived. It is measured by who you are becoming. If you are not growing, you are simply repeating yesterday.

Scripture
"As Samuel grew up, the LORD was with him, and everything Samuel said was wise and helpful."1 Samuel 3:19 (NLT)

Explanation
We can talk about KPIs, CSFs, and every performance metric available, but there is one measurement that cannot be ignored—growth. Growth is not an event; it is a continuous process. You don't grow once; you keep growing.

Ask yourself: Am I better today than I was yesterday? Have I learned something new? Can I do better than I could before? If all you know today is what you knew yesterday, yesterday will simply repeat itself. And if tomorrow brings no new growth, life becomes one endless cycle of repetition.

Samuel's growth was evident because the Lord was with him, and the result was visible: his words became wise and helpful. That is the true evidence of growth. Knowledge should expand your capacity, but wisdom teaches you how to use that knowledge. And genuine growth should never stop with you—it should become a blessing to others.

If your growth is making you more informed but not wiser, or more skilled but not more helpful, then what you call growth may simply be a swell. Healthy growth always produces wisdom and usefulness.

Application
Measure your growth with these two questions:

Am I wiser today than I was yesterday?

Am I more helpful to others than I used to be?

Read. Learn. Listen. Practise. Serve. Keep growing, because growth is one of God's greatest gifts to those who remain teachable.

Reflection
The best investment you can make is in your own growth. As you grow, your influence increases, your usefulness expands, and your life becomes a greater blessing to others.

Prayer
Lord, help me never to become comfortable with where I am. Teach me to grow daily in wisdom, character, and usefulness. May my life continually reflect Your presence and become a blessing to everyone around me. Amen.

Discussion Question
If someone measured your growth over the last year, would they say you have become wiser and more helpful? Why or why not?

Have a fruitful day.

(Dr.) Emmanuel Okoro
(aka Dr. Lift)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Law man" or God's man

Think About It. Talk It Over. Do Something!

With Such an Attitude