Labour pains

I am not a woman and may never experience the pain an expecting mother goes through but I have seen and just watching my wife go through it, helped me decide against having another child when she said no more.

This pain came as a result of the disobedience in the garden of Eden. God said to the woman:

"To the woman he said, "I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."(Gen.3.16)

But it is interesting what comes after the pain. The cry of the baby puts a smile on the faces of the parent that the initial pain seems to fade into oblivion.

This was the pain that the Apostle Paul described in this verse:

"My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you," (Gal.4.19)

He says he is in labour pain all over again and the purpose this time was not so that they will be born but that Christ is formed in them. Meaning it takes an equal amount of pain to give birth as it takes for Christ to be formed. That it takes the same amount of pain to be born as it takes to be raised in Christ.

One lesson we must learn from pain is that used wisely, it matures us. The Bible tells us that Jesus learned obedience through the things he suffered. Don't let your pain go to waste - it goes to waste when you begin to complain and murmur instead of going in the place of prayer and churning your pain until it matures you. Travail and you will bring forth.

"Who has ever heard of such a thing? Who has ever seen such things? Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children." (Isa.66.8)

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

  1. An encouraging message, may God help us to keep on enduring until we see the fruit of our labour in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you sir, our pains does not make us worse but better

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pain is my truimph and my maturity.
    Thank you sir , mor blessings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am