In whom do you trust?

Trust is first and foremost about trustworthiness. You cannot be trusted if you are not trustworthy. Jesus is trustworthy. You can invest your trust in him and you will not be put to shame.

"In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise," (Eph.1.13)

Who you trust is very important, in all of life's endeavours. If you trust the wrong person, it could spell doom in life or business.

The Apostle Paul says it this way, 'for I know whom I have believed and I am persuaded. He says this Is the reason he is not ashamed.

"For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." (2Tim.1.12)

This throws up two very important ingredients that strengthen trust. One is knowledge of the person you trust. How well do you know the person you claim to trust? And this knowledge leads to the second ingredient and that is persuasion. He says he is persuaded that the person is able to do what he says he can do. He knows the person and he is persuaded of the person's ability.

Why is he persuaded? The person, in this case, Jesus Christ, has proved himself over and above, again and again. For example in Acts.27.23-25
he says:

"For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve, Saying, Fear not, Paul; thou must be brought before Caesar: and, lo, God hath given thee all them that sail with thee. Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me."

And it was as he said it would be.

In whom do you trust? Jesus is trustworthy. You can trust him

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am