Who makes me who I am

An Isoko adage says, "the name you call yourself is what others will call you. Meeting students, I have had cause to ask them if that was the name their parents named them and they say no. My real name is...and then they tell me. But whatever they call themselves is what other students call them.

You are who you say you are, but the truth is, you act the way you become because you think that's who you are. So if you called yourself a policeman when you are a soldier, you will act as a policeman. If you are an eagle but call yourself a chicken, then you will act like a chicken. If you call yourself a failure, that's what you begin to act as. Little wonder, Jabez changed his name in the place of prayer, he declared that he is blessed and God granted his prayers. (see 1Chro:4:9-10). The way you act is a deep-seated product of who you think you are and who you think you are is a product of who you call yourself. What do you call yourself?

Who are you?

"Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. (Phil.4.13)

Manufacturers name their products. Same way, parents representing the creator, name their children.

The Apostle Paul declares, whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything though not in myself but in the One Who makes me who I am. He recognizes that his sufficiency is not in who he is, or who he calls himself but rather in who he is called by the Creator. Who he calls himself, no matter how proficient is limited but when he clings to who the Creator calls him, he can do all things. Call yourself what God has called you, nothing less nothing more.

I AM WHO GOD SAYS I AM, I CAN DO WHAT GOD SAYS I CAN DO, AND I HAVE WHAT GOD SAYS I HAVE.

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

  1. God knew me before I came. Before I met my parents, brothers, sisters and friends he knew me and called me by name. What I call myself is what he calls me. And if I change it let it be his will. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. It is so good to hear from you. And you are welcome. To God Who calls great e all the glory. Amen

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem